Speaking & Group Facilitation
- October 8, 2014 – McCully-Polyniak Funeral Home, Baltimore, MD: Seminar “Grief and the Upcoming Holidays”
- October 23, 2014 – Archdiocese of Cleveland, Cleveland, OH: Speaker: “Mourning with Purpose“
Drop-in Grief Group:
When: 7:00 – 8:30 PM on the First, Third, and Fifth Monday of the month
Where: Conference room of the St. Ignatius (Hickory) Catholic Church (533 E. Jarrettsville Road, Forest Hill, MD 21050)
Who may come: All grieving people are welcome! Although this group meets at a Catholic Church, we are non-denominational in approach.
Cost: Free. (However, freewill donations are welcome.)
Bereaved Parents of the USA, Harford & Cecil Counties, MD
When: 7:00 – 9:00 PM on the Second Thursday of the month
Where: Parish Conference Room; St. Ignatius (Hickory) Catholic Church (533 E. Jarrettsville Road, Forest Hill, MD 21050)
Who may come: All family members welcome! This group welcomes people of all spiritual and non-spiritual backgrounds.
Cost: Free. (However, as BP USA is a volunteer-run organization, freewill donations are gratefully received.)
Free lending library available
Recent & Past Events
- July 25, 2014 – Bereaved Parents of the USA National Gathering, St. Louis, MO: Workshop: “Coping with Early Grief”
- July 24, 2014 – Bereaved Parents of the USA National Gathering, St. Louis, MO: Workshop: “Writing a Eulogy after the Funeral”
- May 10, 2014 – St. Philip Neri, Linthicum, MD: Facilitator: “Writing a Eulogy to Honor Our Loved Ones“
- April 26, 2014 – Bereaved Parents of the USA Hope & Healing Conference, Annapolis, MD: Keynote Speaker: “Hope, Healing, & the Look-back Bird”
- April 26, 2014 – Bereaved Parents of the USA Hope & Healing Conference, Annapolis, MD: Workshop: “Coping with Early Grief”
- January 27, 2014 – “Open to Hope West Coast” Radio Interview @ 10:45 PST
- January 15, 2014 – McCully-Polyniak Funeral Home in Pasadena, MD, 6:00-9:00 PM: Speaker: “Grief and the Winter Blues“
- November 9 & 16, 2013 – St. Philip Neri, Linthicum, MD as Facilitator Trainer for “GriefWork Basic Facilitator Training“
- October 24-25, 2013 – Omaha Nebraska as Facilitator Trainer for “GriefWork: A National Servite Ministry of Compassion, Basic Facilitator Training”
- April, 2013 – Bereavement seminar at St. Joan of Arc Church in Hershey, PA
- March, 2013 – Clergy-focused bereavement seminar at St. Mary’s Seminary in Baltimore, MD
- March, 2013 – Bereavement Facilitator Training in Trenton, New Jersey
- February, 2013 – A bereavement seminar for the Bereavement Outreach Network, Hunt Valley, MD
Beth Hewett, Ph.D.
Beth L. Hewett is a Certified Compassionate Bereavement Care™ Provider. She earned a Ph.D. in rhetoric and writing studies. After suffering the losses of her brother, father, sister, and in-laws, she trained as a grief coach and bereavement facilitator trainer with the MISS Foundation, the Center for Loss and Life Transitions, and the National Catholic Ministry for the Bereaved.
Beth is available to provide seminars and workshops regarding such topics as:
- Developing Compassionate Grief Support Systems
- Grief and Mourning for Clergy
- Hope for Bereaved Parents
- Challenges for Bereaved Siblings
- Writing Out Grief
- Writing a Eulogy to Honor a Loved One
- Relighting the Divine Spark Within
- Mourning with Purpose
- Hope for the Holidays
- Mother/Father’s Day Mourning
Beth is available for one-on-one grief coaching in person or by phone.
Dr. Beth L. Hewett is an experienced grief coach, bereavement facilitator and facilitator trainer, author, public speaker, and writing instructor. Her specialty is mindful mourning with Bead Blessings, writing, and other purposeful activities.
Dr. Hewett is a Certified Compassionate Bereavement Care™ Provider and grief coach. Her philosophy is that we deserve support in the sadness of death. She will listen to your story and walk the grief journey with you.
- Good Words: Memorializing Through a Eulogy
- More Good Words: Practical Activities for Mourning
- More Good Words: Grief in the Workplace
- Good Words Booklets